Please see our job listings below. If no positions are listed as available you can still send in your resume to and we will save it for future job openings. Climbing experience required. Please include a climbing resume.
Safety & Route Strip Lead
Location: Stone Gardens Seattle
Position: Full time (30 hrs a week) when combined with Front Desk and General Maintenance shifts
- Maintains records in Comprehensive Safety Log database
- Makes sure that all items are inspected per schedule, maintains and/or replaces items as needed. Some, but not all items included in inventory are: climbing wall, anchors, belay bars, belay devices, Auto Belays, carabiners, quick links, slings and draws, rope, harnesses, helmets, and flooring
- Works at height while maintaining personal safety. Monitor safety of subordinates
- Trains, assigns tasks and oversees safety staff
- Sees that all safety inventory meets target quantities. Submits purchase requests to Gym Manager
- Reports to Gym Manager
Duties Route Strip:
- Strip Routes, remove spinners, clean and organize route set shop
- Works under the direction of the Head Route Setter to facilitate the overall route setting program
- Trains staff to strip routes
Self-motivated, ability to take on substantial responsibility, works well under pressure, supportive, positive, skilled at giving feedback, project management, supervision, database management, substantial climbing experience, sees big picture for safety department, attention to detail, diligence, works well within chain of command, willingness to jump-in to attend to safety and general gym issues, able to perform physically demanding and repetitive work, must walk and stand on both hard/solid flooring, and on soft/deformable flooring, must be able to lift and maneuver 50 pound objects.
- Must be proficient at Lead Climbing and Lead Belaying
- Experience with route setting/stripping preferred or work at height
- Experience with drills and hand tools preferred
Send resume and climbing resume to Christian Horton or drop off in person at Seattle gym.
Date posted 5/24/19