Stone Gardens front desk staff, route setters and instructors are here to provide the best possible indoor climbing experience. If you are interested in joining our staff we are always accepting résumés, please include a climbing résumé.
2018 Summer Camp Instructors Wanted
General Description: Stone Gardens Bellevue is hiring instructors for our 2018 Summer Camps. Applicants should have teaching experience, an energetic personality and be able to teach safe climbing practices to children. Outdoor climbing experience is required.
- Maintain a safe and fun learning environment
- Help run age-appropriate activities that
motivate and engage kids to facilitate personal growth
- Teach knot-tying, lead and top rope and lead belay, and teamwork to a variety of ages
- Set up and take down anchors and top ropes on
our outdoor climbing days
- Work well as a team member with other
instructors while coordinating with the Summer Camp Director
given to those with:
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor certification (or
higher level AMGA certification)
- Current Wilderness First Responder and/or First
Aid and CPR certification
- Professional teaching experience
- Other relevant experience includes prior work
with climbing camps, other summer camps and high ropes course work
- All applicants must be over 18 and are subject
to a background check
Bellevue: Must be available from June 18th – August 31st (includes staff training prior to first week
of camp). Work will be Monday-Friday and
between 36-40 hours per week.
send cover letter, work résumé
with references, and climbing history to:
Stone Gardens Bellevue
15600 NE 8th St, Suite C-1
Bellevue, WA 98008
Gardens Bellevue is accepting applicants for front desk staff. Please see
description of the position and its requirements below. If you are interested
in applying, please email Brad at
a cover letter, updated resume and climbing history.
desk staff duties include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to current
gym members and guests
- Sell memberships and reserve classes or other
events sponsored by the gym
- Communicate and enforce Stone Gardens policies
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist
caller with a variety of questions
- Give top-rope and lead belay tests to gym members
- Attend all front desk meetings as directed
- Monitor gym for safety concerns
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Respond to injuries and emergency situations
description is not intended to be all-inclusive and front desk staff will also be
asked to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff,
members and gym guests
- Basic computer proficiency
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize
and problem solve
- Ability to handle challenging customer issues in
a fast pace environment with patience, tact, and professionalism
- Previous customer service experience
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including
- Physical Requirements
candidate should be able to lift 50 lbs, work on an uneven floor surface and
work at height."
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended
periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly to respond to
emergencies and/or safety issues
- Stone Gardens lead certified·
- First aid/CPR certification·
- AMGA Certifications·
- Climbing Wall Instructor certification
Stone Gardens is now hiring part-time Instructors at our Bellevue location. Candidates should have considerable climbing and belay experience. Candidates should also be friendly and outgoing with good communication skills.
- Responsibilities include: belaying for groups and parties, introducing new climbers to the gym and to climbing, teaching adult and youth classes, and helping at the front desk as needed.
- Candidates are expected to be available a minimum of 5.5 hours per week and 3 weekend days per month. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, functional résumé and a climbing résumé to the Brad Szlezak or email information to