Stone Gardens front desk staff, route setters and instructors are here to provide the best possible indoor climbing experience. If you are interested in joining our staff we are always accepting résumés, please include a climbing résumé.
Stone Gardens is hiring instructors for our 2014 Summer Camp. Candidates must enjoy working with kids and have outdoor climbing experience.
General Description: Applicants should have teaching experience, an energetic personality and be able to teach safe climbing practices to children.
• Maintain a safe and fun learning environment.
• Help run age-appropriate activities that motivate and engage kids to facilitate personal growth.
• Teach knot-tying, lead and top rope climbing and belaying and teamwork to a variety of ages.
• Set up and take down anchors and top ropes on our outdoor climbing days.
• Work well as a team member with other instructors and the summer camp director.
Desired Qualifications: Preference given to those with professional teaching experience, current Wilderness First Responder and/or First Aid and CPR certification. Other relevant experience includes prior work with climbing camps, other summer camps and high ropes course work. All applicants must be over 18 and are subject to background check.
When: Must be available from June 18 - August 15 (includes staff training prior to first week of camp). Work will be Monday-Friday and between 36-40 hours per week.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, work and climbing résumé with references to Rick Burns at or drop off at the front desk.
If you have a traditional climbing résumé listing the grades and locations of your best climbs by all means send it our way. If you prefer, you can treat the climbing résumé as more of a narrative. Take a page and describe your climbing experiences and share with us your passion for climbing.